Original AG Russell Sting I & II

• These two knives came in a few days ago; an AG Russell Sting I plus a Sting II, both originals from 1977 and complete with sheaths in their original boxes.
    These knives were bought by a Dutch collector in the manufacturing year, and both were never used or even sheathed and spent over 30 years in a closet.
    They are as pristine as they were on the day they were made. :)

• what kind of bladesteel is that? after 33 years its still mirror polished...

• hallo,

ich tippe mal auf 1.4034,vieleicht auch 440c,halte aber den 1.4034 für warscheinlicher.für diese art von messern durchaus brauchbar,und vor über 30 jahren war 440c ja schon das beste an rosträgen stählen;-).....

grüße...

• hi,

könnte natürlich auch sein....würde aber gerne mal wissen was sie wirklich verbaut haben,alle 3 stähle lassen sich ja gut im gesenk schmieden....

grüße...

• Hm die sind auf jeden Fall sehr schön gefertigt....astreine politur!
    Für mich wären sie nix, die Form gefällt mir einfach nicht....aber geschmack is verschieden....

Have the knives been polished again in the last 30 years? I mean just by hand with some cloth...

Das Leben ist zu kurz für schlechte Scheiden.

• Hm die sind auf jeden Fall sehr schön gefertigt....astreine politur!
    Für mich wären sie nix, die Form gefällt mir einfach nicht....aber geschmack is verschieden....

Have the knives been polished again in the last 30 years? I mean just by hand with some cloth...

From the discoloration i can see on some of the rivets and on the sheath pocketclips i would think the knives & sheaths were never polished, and i only wiped the blades once carefully with a soft cloth for the pictures as they were a bit dusty,

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!