CRK Nyala & a strop

• This strop is what i give to customers who regularly send or bring me a CRK knife for sharpening and some TLC, so they can maintain & keep the appearance of their new edge themselves for some time at home.

It's a new & cut-to-size piece of clean MDF coated with a thin layer of 1.0 micron (+/- 14000 grit) mono-diamond compound made by 3M, and i put self-adhesive rubber bumpers (also made by 3M) on the bottom.
    These make the strop non-slip plus they elevate the working surface a bit which makes the strop more convenient to use on a table (more room for your hands)

The Nyala used as a prop for the pictures was recently reprofiled (from 35-40 degrees inclusive to an even 30 degrees inclusive) & sharpened (with 15 micron diamond compound on a Paper Wheel) and will be picked up by it's owner somewhere in the coming weeks.

BTW: it's main purpose is to cut oranges, about 5 each day, :D

Erfahrungen mit kwakster ?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kwakster ()

• MDF strops are cheap & easy to make, they already have a perfectly flat surface, the material itself works very well as a substrate for fine diamond or CBN compounds (the only 2 abrasives which will actually cut & shape vanadium carbides), and for me the most important feature: MDF is noticeably harder than leather, so there is much less chance of rounding the apex of your edge.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!