Welches Benchmade Messer gibt es dienstlich bei der US Army?

• Hallo mir wurde berichtet das es ein Benchmade Messer dienstlich geliefert bei der US Army geben soll. Was für eines ist das und welche Bezeichnung hat es?
    Danke für eure Hilfe

• Das Nimravus hat eine Bestandsnummer (NSN), die es als offiziellen Ausrüstungsteil der U.S. Streitkräfte ausgewiesen haben. Ob es ausgegeben wurde, oder ob es von den Soldaten gekauft werden mußt, weiß ich aber nicht.
    Bei einem der Springer (AFO?) war es genau so.

Edit: In der Zwischenzeit gibt es mehrere BM Modelle mit NSN klick mich

MfG, Joachim
    Nachrichten bitte per E-Mail.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von JB1964 ()

• Vielleicht das Ambush?
    Bilde mir ein ich hab mal in einem nutnfancy Video (und jetzt bitte keine Diskussion drüber anfangen ob ihr ihn mögt oder nicht ) gehört, dass seine Einheit das Messer dienstlich bekommen hat. Hab halt keine Ahnung ob er bei der Army oder sonst wo ist.

A knife isn't really yours until it spilled your blood.

• I have been told that US troopers can ask for any knife from any brand they wish. About 2 months ago there was a post on an American forum about +/- 15 Strider SMFs that were lost due to a fire.
    These were going to be given to Marines.
    Like I said, I think they can pick whatever they want so in this case ALL Benchmades.

~~ De Inimico Non Loquaris Sed Cogites ~~

• Hello Meshuggah, that would be a dream, I want to be american soldier :D

But I think, this opportunity might depend on the rank the unit has and their references. If I imagine a hole platoon ordering SMFs, I wouldn't need to wonder about the US finacial deficit ;)

beste Grüße, Alex
    Was willst Du mit dem Dolche, sprich! - Kartoffeln schälen, siehst Du's nicht?

• [the following information is based on reading various threads on various forums...]

- In the army you're superior decides what you're allowed to carry. Some may agree to an individual 6" fixed blade, some may not... And you'll pay for your individual gear. You are issued a standard knife. If its an m9 bayonet its considered a weapon - so if you lose it you'll have to explain it.
    - You can get any black class (?) Benchmade through the military at a discount price. I'm not sure anymore if it was the entire black class but i think there were more than these 8 knives.
    - In some elite units (USMC, SF, SEALs) its entirely up to you to choose.
    - there are pictures of an USMC event (presenting themselves to ppl in the US) showing a marine with a fixed presidio.

s_f

PS.: i guess i'm grateful for not being a US soldier.. Of course - it would be nice to learn/practice shooting and to train your body and getting nice knives and equipment.

A german army doctor told me that if german soldiers get lost or pinned down in Afghanistan its usually the US Army that gets him/them out of there - because usually it is or seems that dangerous that no german pilot/soldier would go there... THis doctor said the US soldiers are.. REAL soldiers - they usually just do what they're told; they're caring about their colleagues and they seem not to worry that much about their own life. [btw - i guess its a little bit typical for germans to think a lot about possible dangers before doing something...]

And I guess being among them would be a very valuable experience, too, but... if i look at it as a job this isn't nearly enough to compensate... killing other people in their own country and the danger of losing my health or life.
    I'm grateful for their service and i have a lot of respect for US and German soldiers - but I wouldn't want to be one of them right now in Iraq/Afghanistan.

• s_f:
    That was a joke ;) Being soldier isn't my favourite aim, especially in the US Army. Nevertheless, yes, it would be a very formative experience.

Thanks for your explanations, sounds plausible.

If I remember the book made by Dietmar Pohl "Messer im Einsatz", there can be seen a lot of different blades and manufactures, also benchmade.

beste Grüße, Alex
    Was willst Du mit dem Dolche, sprich! - Kartoffeln schälen, siehst Du's nicht?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!