Beiträge von Legend

First of all , Hello from the UK ,

I am new to this site but not a newcomer to knives as I have been using and collecting them for around 57 years since I was eight years of age.

The question was asked " Cold Steel Kobun knife , What do you think " . First of all Cold Steel are a well known company who make hard use mainly tactical knives in various styles which if you watch on youtube , you can watch the usage and destruction tests which they stand up to fairly well , so they are definitely not toys Asfor a collectors piece Im not sure as most of them are not really aesthetically beautiful to look at although a couple of their bowies are quite nice , I think they are for certain knives to be used . I have recently bought a CS Kobun and for the price its quite a good buy in my opinion . It is one of the more lighter models in the CS but no less a strong knife that I would have no problem with taking out on camping trips to perform some light to medium bushcraft tasks , ie light battoning , slicing , cutting , feather stick making etc . I bought it for those reasons and also the fact I did not have a Tanto style knife in my collection . I have noticed on numerous photos of American Military in Afghanistan that CS knives are a popular choice to take out strapped to harnesses and rigging for use in the field ! One famous photo shows an Australian SAS Special Forces operative ( and Victoria Cross holder) actually wearing a CS Kobun knife strapped to his chest rigging , thats good enough for me .

Thanks